Hampton Court, Surrey
Hampton Court Palace is a royal palace in East Molesey, Surrey; it has not been inhabited by the British Royal Family since the 18th century. The palace is upstream of central London on the River Thames. It was originally built for Cardinal Thomas Wolsey, a favourite of King Henry VIII, circa 1514; in 1529, as Wolsey fell from favour, the palace was passed to the King, who enlarged it.
The palace’s Home Park is the site of the annual Hampton Court Palace Festival and Hampton Court Palace Flower Show. Along with St. James’s Palace, it is one of only two surviving palaces out of the many owned by Henry VIII.