Job Vacancy: Sales Account Executive
11th March 2016
Position: Sales Account Executive
Location: Chessington, Surrey
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £17,000 – £19,000
Human Race is a leading mass participation sports event business with over 50 events in an expanding portfolio which includes the London Winter Run, the Dragon Ride and the prestigious Windsor Triathlon. We are looking for a Sales Account Executive to help to deliver an exciting series of events across the UK and to be part of the Commercial team helping to manage partners and deliver corporate sales to the business.
Purpose of the Role
The Sales Account Executive will support the Human Race Partnership Team in delivering sponsorship activations to meet the needs of our sponsors and partners across the year, as well as supporting the New Business Director in lead generation, presentation writing and corporate sales.
- To support the Partnership Team on the account management of partners, both from a commercial and a charity perspective.
- To support with creating sponsorship presentations and reports for both new business prospects and existing partners.
- To sell team places on our events to corporates.
- To support with the commission-based elements of certain sponsors and to focus on up-selling activation to generate additional revenue to the business.
- To assist the New Business Director in researching particular markets who would be interested in promoting themselves to our database of 230,000.
- To take on the day-to-day management of some partners and to assist in the day-to-day management of other partners.
- To arrange and attend meetings building rapport with clients.
- To attend some weekend events as a representative of the Human Race commercial team and to carry out relevant duties within that event.
- With the Partnership Director and the New Business Director
- With the wider Commercial Team, particularly the Account Managers in the Partnership Team
- With partners / sponsors and charities.
Skills and Experience Required
- At least one year’s account executive experience required
- A love for one or more of the following sports: Cycling, Triathlon or Running
- Good organisational skills and time-management skills
- A confident telephone manner
- Educated to degree standard
- A good understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Personable and a good networker.
- Interact courteously and effectively with partners, participants and staff
- Deal effectively with challenging queries and situations.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Attention to detail
- Goes the extra mile
- Ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour.
- Previous work experience within a sports environment would be an advantage.
- Team player, resourceful and with an ability to work using own initiative.
- Clear, efficient and effective decision making skills.
- Full clean driving licence would be highly beneficial to the role.
- Willing and able to work a certain number of weekends.
To apply, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.