Partnerships Account Executive
7th July 2021
Job and Person Specification
Company: Human Race
Position: Partnerships Account Executive
Reports to: Partnerships Account Manager
Location: Hybrid of home & office working; current office is Surrey; office to be London based from mid-2022
Contract Type: Full Time
Salary: £24k pa
Applications close: 23rd July
Interview date: From the w/c the 26th July
Human Race is a leading mass participation sports event business delivering a diverse range of events in running, triathlon, and cycling. The company is UK subsidiary of ASO, one of the world’s largest sports events organisers, including notably the Tour de France and mass participation events L’Etape du Tour and the Paris Marathon.
The Partnerships Account Executive role will be an instrumental part the of the Partnerships and Commercial team at Human Race, working across the portfolio of our events in running, triathlon and cycling. They will have a number of accounts of brand and charity partners that they will be the lead day to day account handler, as well as providing support to the account managers on the team for other partnerships. Account support will involve a mixture of communications strategy and planning, commercial development , data management, account administration and operational planning. This role presents a fantastic opportunity for someone early in their career in sport to obtain a wide range of experience in account handling, sponsorship and event delivery.
Human Race is a fast-paced, fun place to work with a great team atmosphere. It’s a sociable office of like-minded people with shared goals, values and interests who take great pride in the events we deliver – whether it’s a triathlon we’ve run for 30 years or a major event in central London. The role will be hybrid of home and office working for the foreseeable future.
Purpose of the Role
The Partnerships Account Executive’s primary responsibility will be to forge strong partnerships with brands, charities and corporates, delivering sponsorship activations that meet the needs of our sponsors and partners, supporting the partnerships team to ensure that they continue to renew their sponsorships on our events year after year. They will be the main account handler for a number of partners and overseeing the executive of their partnership campaign, as well as account support on the larger partnerships where they will work alongside other account managers. Management of our partners will require proficient logistical understanding and elements of administrative support (such as data processing). The individual will need to be capable and able to work independently, as well as part of a team. They will demonstrate a wide range of skills, most critically: long-term planning, creative thinking, content creation and have a hands-on, problem solving approach.
- To be the day to day account handler for partner, from a commercial and a charity perspective.
- To support the Partnerships Team account managers on their accounts.
- To arrange and attend meetings with partners to understand partner objectives (whether they be brand awareness, data capture, education or something else), build relationships and to develop suitable campaigns to meet these objectives.
- To support in the renewals of current partners, including drafting and updating contracts.
- To collate commercially relevant post-event information for reporting to key commercial partners that considers the ROI for the sponsor from a reach and media value perspective.
- To deliver the operational elements of sponsorship activation e.g. creation / delivery of branding.
- To take ownership of event activations and centralise logistical information for partners.
- To help increase ancillary revenue streams across the business via existing partnerships
- To serve as the partnership representative on the project team of our public triathlons and sportives, as well as project support on running events.
- To create comms plans for partners across multiple platforms including: website; social media; email; PR and influencer activity.
- To attend some weekend events as a representative of the Human Race commercial team and to carry out relevant duties within that event.
- With the Partnership Team which comprises 3 – 4 people.
- With the wider organisation, particularly the Marketing and Operations Teams
- With partners / sponsors and charities.
Skills and Experience Required
- Minimum of 6 months experience on account management, operational delivery or sponsorship activation (e.g. internship, administration, executive or senior executive)
- Experience at either a sports rights holder, or agency working on event sponsorship would be an advantage.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Understanding of delivering partnership campaigns, integrating data analysis and content driven promotion.
- Good organisational skills and time-management skills, with logistical understanding of at-event activation delivery.
- Ability to take full ownership of accounts and tasks, working independently.
- A strong understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Understanding of social media and its role in sponsorship marketing.
- Deliver all work to a high standard, with strong attention to detail.
- Be comfortable taking on a range of tasks, from senior level meetings to data administration.
- Interact courteously and effectively with partners, participants and staff.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Passion – our number one priority
- Going the extra mile and being happy to get stuck in!
- Creative thinker
- Ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour
- Team player, resourceful and with an ability to work using own initiative
- Full clean driving license would be highly beneficial to the role, but not essential.
- Willing and able to work a certain number of weekends across the year.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd July 2021. We will endeavour to reply to all applications that are made directly, however, if you have not heard by 30th July your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful.