Last few entries available for the Chiltern 100
5th May 2016
The last few places are remaining in the toughest sportive close to the capital. The Chiltern 100 takes place on Sunday 15th May and challenges cyclists to 2,700m of climbing over 110 miles. The stunning setting of the Chilterns will test each and every rider as they take on the formidable inclines including Whiteleaf Hill and Wardrobes.
Riders have the opportunity to enter before the deadline of 10am on Tuesday 10th May, with thousands already signed up, and around 200 different cycle clubs represented. Those already signed up have shown their commitment to the toughest challenge with the majority (71%) opting for the longer 110 mile Gran Fondo and the remaining 29% taking on the 76 mile Medio Fondo.
Plenty of the riders have high hopes for their finishing times too with 57% of cyclists estimating their finish time for the Gran Fondo to be within six to seven and a half hours with one particularly ambitious rider believing they’ll finish in less than four hours.
Originally founded by local club Verulam CC, the Chiltern 100 sportive which is one of the highest rated in the UK and toughest close to London, is still delivered in partnership with the club, with around 150 of their members expected to take part. The sportive includes a fully stocked event village, free parking, ample motorcycle marshals and frequent feed stations alongside maintaining a club-like atmosphere and camaraderie.
The event is part of the Human Race Sportive Series presented by BIKE which also includes The Telegraph London Cycle Sportive powered by Maserati and L’Etape London by Le Tour de France with multi-event packages available for those who want to do several rides throughout the year. Hundreds have already entered into the Chiltern 100 with entries expected to once again reach capacity. Places are available on a first come, first served basis through https://humanrace.co.uk/cycling.