Job Vacancy – Partnerships Intern
4th October 2019
Job and Person Specification
Company: Human Race
Position: Partnerships Intern
Location: Chessington, Surrey
Contract Type: Fixed – 6 month contract
Salary: £1,129 per month (under 25’s); £1,170 per month (over 25’s)
Human Race is the UK’s leading mass participation event’s company, organising over 15 events each year in triathlon, cycling and running. Part of Amaury Sport Organisation (A.S.O.), owners of Le Tour de France and the leader in the French running and sportive market, Human Race’s prestigious portfolio includes the Windsor Triathlon, Tour de Yorkshire Ride, Manchester Marathon and Cancer Research UK Winter Run Series. We also specialise in delivering bespoke corporate events, working with businesses such as JLL.
Our events bring together an active community of people taking part in sporting events for reasons ranging from fitness, competition, charity, health, fun or to simply finish. The event participants vary from nervous first timers of all ages, through to World Champions; collectively, the events raise millions of pounds for hundreds of charities.
At Human Race we aim to create, sell and organise world class events that will stand the test of time. We pride ourselves in operating as a sophisticated business in respect of any sector, a place where people can learn a lot and their careers can flourish.
Human Race is fast-paced, fun place to work with a great team atmosphere and filled with people who take great pride in the work that we do.
Great extra benefits you get at Human Race
– Wednesday Sports club, from 5-a-side football to boardgames, we’ve done it all, and everyone is encouraged to get involved.
– Friday beer trolley – kick off your weekend with a drink at the office
– Summer hours – during non-event weeks in the summer we finish up at lunch time (as long as you’ve finished your work!)
– Free entry for you into any of our events – including ASO events in Europe
– 5x free entries for friends and family – with discounted prices after that.
– Regular Social events including a Summer party, Christmas party, New Year’s party as well as unscheduled but regular monthly events
– Weekly Fresh fruit basket
– Cycle to work scheme – we love to ride!
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for a Partnerships Intern to support the Human Race Partnership Team, to support Account Management of key partners within portfolio, with primary focus on administrative support and operational logistics of partnership campaigns. Forging partnerships with strong brands, charities and corporates is a key part of the business and allows for experience in a number of areas including social media, CRM, customer services, data management and operations.
- To support the Partnership Team on the account management of partners, both from a commercial and a charity perspective.
- To manage account administration for key partners, including creating meetings/call agenda, status sheets & weekly figures on key reporting statistics.
- To collate commercially relevant post-event information for reporting to key commercial partners.
- To support with creating sponsorship presentations and reports.
- To assist in the day-to-day management of other partners, with the prospect of the day-to-day management of some partners.
- To support with the operational elements of sponsorship activation e.g. creation / delivery of branding, event logistical information & briefings.
- To attend some weekend events as a representative of the Human Race commercial team and to carry out relevant duties within that event.
- With the Partnership Team which comprises 3 people.
- With the wider organisation, particularly the Marketing and Operations Teams.
- With partners / sponsors and charities.
Skills and Experience Required
- A love for sports and events.
- A general can-do attitude and proactive approach.
- Good organisational skills and time-management skills.
- A confident telephone manner.
- Educated to undergraduate degree standard.
- A good understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Personable, sociable and a good networker.
- Interact courteously and effectively with partners, participants and staff.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- To work in a committed manner, demonstrating this to stakeholders internally and externally.
- Willingness to get stuck in to all elements of the events, and reflect the hardworking ethics of the business.
- Attention to detail
- Goes the extra mile
- Ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour.
- Previous work experience within a sports environment would be an advantage.
- Team player, resourceful and with an ability to work using own initiative.
- Clear, efficient and effective decision making skills.
- Full clean driving licence would be highly beneficial to the role, but not essential.
- Willing and able to work a certain number of weekends across the 6-month contract.
- Sport/Event experience would be desirable.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com by 15th November 2019.