Job Vacancy – Participant Services Executive
9th June 2021
Company: Human Race
Position: Participant Services Executive
Location: Chessington, Surrey KT9 1RH
Contract Type: Permanent / Full Time
Start Date: August 2nd 2021
Salary: £22,000-24,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Holiday: 20 days per annum (pro rata)
Closing date: June 20th 2021
Human Race is a leading mass participation sports event business delivering a diverse range of events in triathlon, cycling, running and swimming. The company is part of ASO, one of the world’s largest sports events organisers, including notably the Tour de France and participation events L’Etape du Tour and the Paris Marathon.
We are looking for a Participant Services Executive to support the team in delivering a great participant journey for our community. Forming part of the Participant Services team, you will assist with the entry system, operational event day preparations and provide excellent customer service to participants across the whole sports events portfolio.
Human Race is a fast-paced, fun place to work with a great team atmosphere. It’s a sociable office of like-minded people with shared goals, values and interests who take great pride in the events we deliver – whether it’s a triathlon we’ve run for 30 years or a major event in central London.
At the moment the role will be remotely based, but when the offices reopen (post 21 June) the intention will be a mix of remote and office working.
Purpose of the Role
The role is split between commercial and operational tasks which involve preparing event data for the event day as well as being the point of contact for the event participants pre and post event.
Our community of participants is at the heart of Human Race and our events and we communicate with them in different ways including e-comms, social media, telephone and digital. The Customer Services team make sure the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved for every event participant; ensuring that customer experience matches the high level of brand experience that Human Race are renowned for. The role not only requires customer skills but also data preparation skills to manage the on the day registration process. This aspect of the role is operational as you will be expected to get stuck into the organisation of that aspect of events.
The role is varied, fast-paced, and at the heart of the day-to-day running of the company. We are looking for someone enthusiastic with a can-do attitude who has the skills and confidence to make a difference.
Key responsibilities (Operational)
· To manage event day participant data in preparation of the event
· To assist with the event day preparation including registration process, wave allocation and race pack fulfilment
· To participate in the development of Human Race’s merchandise sector
· To assist with the fulfilment of merchandise sales and event packs
· To manage the participant prizes pre and post event
Key responsibilities (Customer Services)
· To be an office-based interface with competitors answering phone calls and emails
· To assist in creating event entry forms using our system provider and assist in managing these throughout the year
· To help shape the customer experience of the Human Race online entry system
· To attend Human Race events managing the Customer Services Help Desk
· To manage and shape the interactive Help Centre content
· With the Human Race core departments (Participant Services Team, Event Operations Team, Partnerships Team, Marketing Team and Finance Team)
· With the core event participant suppliers
· With the Human Race event participants
Skills and Experience Required
Critical skills needed
· Excellent written skills with experience of writing informal customer-facing content
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
· Excellent time management with the ability to work across teams and manage high work loads
· Strong Microsoft Excel and data handling skills
· Highly precise attention to detail
· Ability to deal with challenging customers and situations
· Empathy with the Human Race customers
· Good judgement skills, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs
· Good planning and organisation skills with an efficient work speed
· Desire to learn
· Problem solving
· Goes the extra mile
· Previous work experience within a sports environment or knowledge of mass participation events would be an advantage but not required
· Experience of Customer Service and dealing with difficult customers/situations
· Experience in creative public facing content writing
· Experience of Microsoft Office
· A love of sport, particularly running, cycling, triathlon and an energetic disposition
Great extra benefits you get at Human Race (when the Office is open and the COVID-19 Situation allows)
· Wednesday Sports club, from 5-a-side football to boardgames, we’ve done it all, and everyone is encouraged to get involved.
· Friday beer trolley – kick off your weekend with a drink at the office
· Summer hours – during non-event weeks in the summer we finish up at lunch time (as long as you’ve finished your work!)
· Free entry for you into any of our events – including ASO events in Europe
· 5x free entries for friends and family – with discounted prices after that.
· Regular Social events including a Summer party, Christmas party, New Year’s party as well as unscheduled but regular monthly events
· Weekly Fresh fruit basket
· Cycle to work scheme – we love to ride!
How To Apply
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com Please also include in your cover letter when you would be available to start.