Job Vacancy – Participant Services Executive
16th October 2019
Job and Person Specification
Company: Human Race
Position: Participant Services Executive
Location: Chessington, Surrey KT9 1RH
Contract Type: Permanent / Full Time
Start Date: November 2019
Salary: £18,000-21,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Holiday: 20 days per annum (pro rata)
Human Race is the UK’s leading mass participation event’s company, organising over 30 events each year in triathlon, cycling, running, duathlon and open water swimming. Part of Amaury Sport Organisation (A.S.O.), owners of Le Tour de France and the leader in the French running and sportive market, Human Race’s prestigious portfolio includes the Manchester Marathon, Royal Windsor Triathlon, L’Etape UK Sportive and the Cancer Research UK London Winter Run.
We also specialise in delivering bespoke corporate events, working with businesses such as JLL and Impetus PEF. Our events bring together an active community of people taking part in sporting events for reasons ranging from fitness, competition, charity, health, fun or to simply finish. The event participants vary from nervous first timers of all ages, through to World Champions; collectively, the events raise millions of pounds for hundreds of charities.
At Human Race we aim to create, sell and organise world class events that will stand the test of time. We pride ourselves in operating as a sophisticated business in respect of any sector, a place where people can learn a lot and their careers can flourish.
Human Race is a fast-paced, fun place to work with a great team atmosphere and filled with people who take great pride in the work that we do.
Purpose of the Role
The role is split between commercial and operational tasks which involve preparing event data for the event day as well as being the point of contact for the event participants pre and post event.
Our community of participants is at the heart of Human Race and our events and we communicate with them in different ways including e-comms, social media, telephone and digital. The Customer Services team make sure the highest level of customer satisfaction is achieved for every event participant; ensuring that customer experience matches the high level of brand experience that Human Race are renowned for. The role not only requires customer skills but also data preparation skills to manage the on the day registration process. This aspect of the role is operational as you will be expected to get stuck into the organisation of that aspect of events.
The role is varied, fast-paced, and at the heart of the day-to-day running of the company. We are looking for someone enthusiastic with a can-do attitude who has the skills and confidence to make a difference.
Key responsibilities (Customer Services)
- To be an office-based interface with competitors answering phone calls and emails
- To assist in creating event entry forms using our system provider and assist in managing these throughout the year
- To help shape the customer experience of the Human Race online entry system
- To attend Human Race events managing the Customer Services Help Desk
- To manage and shape the interactive Help Centre content
Key responsibilities (Operational)
- To manage event day participant data in preparation of the event
- To assist with the event day preparation including registration process, competitor race structure.
- To lead on the development of Human Race’s merchandise sector
- To assist with the fulfilment of merchandise sales and event packs
- To manage the participant prizes pre and post event
- With the Human Race core departments (Participant Services Team, Event Operations Team, Partnerships Team, Marketing Team and Finance Team)
- With the core event participant suppliers
- With the Human Race event participants
Skills and Experience Required
Critical skills needed
- Excellent written skills with experience of writing informal customer-facing content
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and data handling skills
- Highly precise attention to detail
- Ability to deal with challenging customers and situations
- Empathy with the Human Race customers
- Good judgement skills, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs
- Good planning and organisation skills with an efficient work speed
- Excellent time management
- Desire to learn
- Problem solving
- Goes the extra mile
- Experience of Excel (Advance)
- Previous work experience within a sports environment or knowledge of mass participation events would be an advantage but not required
- Experience of Customer Service and dealing with difficult customers/situations
- Experience in creative public facing content writing
- Experience of Microsoft Office
- A love of sport, particularly running, cycling, triathlon and an energetic disposition
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 31st.
Please also include in your cover letter when you would be available to start.