Job Vacancy: Junior Marketing CRM and Web Executive
2nd April 2014
Company: Human Race
Position: Junior Marketing CRM and Web Executive
Location: Chessington, Surrey
Contract Type: Full Time – Permanent
Human Race is a leading mass participation sports event business delivering a diverse range of events in cycling, triathlon and running.
Human Race organises over 35 events in the UK including the prestigious Dragon Ride L’Etape Wales by Le Tour de France, Cancer Research UK London Winter Run and Asics Greater Manchester Marathon, as well as the long running Nuffield Health Windsor Triathlon.The company is part of A.S.O., one of the world’s largest sports events organisers, including notably Le Tour de France and participation events L’Etape du Tour and the Paris Marathon.
Human Race is a fast-paced, fun place to work with a great team atmosphere. It’s a sociable office of like-minded people with shared goals and interests who take great pride in the events we deliver – whether it’s a small duathlon we’ve run for 29 years or a brand new large-scale event with celebrity ambassadors.
Great extra benefits you get at Human Race
- Wednesday Sports club, from 5-a-side football to boardgames, we’ve done it all and everyone is encouraged to get involved.
- Friday beer trolley – kick off your weekend with a drink at the office
- Summer hours – during non-event weeks during the summer we finish up at lunch time (as long as you’ve finished your work!)
- Free entry for you into any of our events – including ASO run events in Europe
- 5x free entries for friends and family – with discounted prices after that.
- Regular Social events including a Summer party, Christmas party, New Year’s party as well as unscheduled but regular monthly events
- Weekly Fresh fruit basket
- Cycle to work scheme – we love to ride!
Purpose of the Role
The Human Race marketing team is responsible for delivering the commercial strategy and marketing activation for around 20 events per year in the sports of cycling, triathlon and running.
Reporting to the Lead Digital Marketing Executive, the Junior CRM and Web executive role has 4 main objectives:
1. Driving customer revenue through email and web: To aid the implementation of the digital strategy that sees us continue to develop our relationship with our customers across all digital platforms with a focus on customer retention and frequency by maximising sales conversion rates through our various websites and email comms.
2. Sponsor and partner activation: Activating their rights across our digital channels and optimizing content engagement.
3. Participant communications: Ensuring our event participants receive the relevant event information at all point throughout their journey; pre-sign-up, pre-event and post-event.
4. Marketing insights: Utilising statistics to act as an insights source for the wider marketing team to drive campaign decisions.
• Assist the Lead Digital Executive in building and sending emails to our customers and participants through our email tool (Dotmailer), analyse results and provide insight
• Assist in carrying out back-end website updates and SEO management
• Assist in analysing the performance of our various websites (WordPress, Google Analytics)
• Manage the schedule and delivery of pre- and post-event email communications
• Write engaging, accurate and high-quality copy for both emails and websites
• Creation of regular insights reports and distributing to the wider marketing team
• Continually learning new digital marketing techniques from outside of the organization and sharing internally
• Ad-hoc design work for our website, email campaigns and social media
• With the Lead Digital Marketing Executive
• With the Marketing & Communications teams for each sport (cycling, triathlon, running)
• With the Commercial Partnerships team
• With the Customer Service Team
• With Head of Marketing
Skills and Experience Required
• Excellent written skills with experience of writing customer-facing content
• A creative thinker who is inspired by innovation
• A lover of statistics, driven by results
• A relentless attention to detail
• Very good project and time management skills
• Team player, resourceful and with an ability to work using own initiative
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both in meetings / on the telephone and in writing.
• A working knowledge of emailing tools (i.e. Dotmailer) or experience in sending email campaigns is desired
• A good working knowledge of web content management systems (i.e. WordPress)
• High level of skill in Microsoft Office (Excel and Powerpoint)
• Proficient at basic design skills (Photoshop)
• Ability to demonstrate previous public-facing written work
• Previous work experience within Digital Marketing / CRM (in any industry) would be an advantage
• A relevant digital related qualification would be advantageous
• First Language English (or to the same level)
• University Degree
• A passion for sport would be very beneficial for the role
• Willing and able to work a certain number of weekends as required – average under 6 weekends a year, you are compensated with a day in lieu for any weekend day worked
• Most importantly empathy for our customers
• Please include a cover letter including a 50 words explanation on why you think you would be a perfect match for Human Race
• Send your CV and a covering letter to Alex.Rowe@humanrace.co.uk by Friday 20th September 2019.