Job Vacancy – Event Operations Executive
12th May 2022
Company: Human Race Ltd
Position: Event Operations Exec
Location: At London office (Clapham Junction) / a Hybrid solution of office & home based.
Contract Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £24,000 per annum
How To Apply:
Please send your CV + a Cover Letter outlining why you are right for the role to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also include in your cover letter when you would be available to start, and also confirm that you hold a full UK drivers licence.
Interviews dates are TBC – please note they may commence before the closing date.
Human Race is a leading mass participation sports event business delivering a diverse range of events in running, triathlon, and cycling. The company is part of ASO, one of the world’s largest sports events organisers, including notably the Tour de France, and mass participation events the Paris Marathon and L’Etape du Tour.
Human Race’s portfolio includes the Manchester Marathon, Manchester Half Marathon, London Winter Run, Royal Windsor Triathlon, Tour de Yorkshire Ride, and the Dragon Ride. We also specialise in delivering bespoke corporate events, for example working with businesses such as JLL on their large property triathlon.
Click on an event below to find out more.
Our events bring together an active community of people taking part in sporting events for reasons ranging from fitness, competition, charity, health, fun, or, to simply finish. The event participants vary from nervous first timers of all ages, through to elites; collectively, the events raise millions of pounds for hundreds of charities.
Human Race is a fast-paced, fun place to work with a great team atmosphere. It’s a sociable company of like-minded people with shared goals, values and interests who take great pride in the events we deliver – whether it’s a triathlon we’ve run for 30 years, or a major closed road event in central London or Manchester.
Great extra benefits you get at Human Race….
- Free entry for you into any of our events, including ASO events across Europe.
- 5x free entries into events for friends and family, with discounted prices after that.
- Wednesday Sports Club – from 5-a-side football to board games we’ve done it all, and everyone is encouraged to get involved.
- Summer hours – during non-event weeks in the summer we often finish up on a Friday lunch time (if you’ve covered off your work over the week).
- Regular social events including a summer party, a Christmas party, an annual party in Paris, as well as impromptu outings.
- Cycle to work scheme.
Purpose of the Role
- To work within the Operations Team to help the team plan and deliver a series of events within the portfolio and to ensure that the events are delivered to a high specification, therefore continuing to uphold our reputation in the marketplace.
- To help to ensure that each event is planned and organised in advance to facilitate a smooth and efficiently run event on the day. To help to ensure that each event adheres and complies with health and safety requirements.
- To help to research and develop new event concepts and venues, and to support on other projects across the department, as well as across the business, an example of which is a project group working on sustainability and reducing the environmental impact of events.
- To assist on a number of different mass participation events across the portfolio, helping to plan and deliver them to a high standard.
- To design and produce any necessary event documentation including but not limited to route maps, site plans, staffing plans, crew briefings, running orders etc.
- To manage / help manage the relationships required to ensure the success of an event.
- To manage / help manage the event venue and route throughout set up, event day(s), and break down, including the management of all infrastructure, suppliers, and personnel.
- To identify opportunities to improve operational service methods and procedures.
- To help manage the event equipment and to assist in the management of all Human Race equipment both on site at events and in its storage locations.
- To help manage suppliers to ensure that they provide an efficient and effective service whilst staying within budgeted limits.
- To manage and look after the crew and their requirements (such as food & accommodation).
- To help research and develop existing events, as well as new event concepts and new venues / routes.
- Any other ad hoc tasks as required
- With the rest of the Operations Team to ensure the successful delivery of all events.
- With event day operational staff, crew & volunteers; and with suppliers.
Skills and Experience Required
- 1+ years working in an operational capacity on events / projects.
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Good organisational skills, attention to detail, prioritisation, and time-management skills.
- Ability to build relationships, and to interact courteously and effectively with the participants, staff, contractors, crew, volunteers and the public.
- Provide administrative and professional support.
- Ability to spot where you can make improvements to documents / processes etc.
- Ability to provide leadership & direction for temporary event crew and contractors.
- Self-confidence to exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, & sensitivity in response to changing situations & needs.
- A team player, resourceful, and with an ability to work using own initiative & under own motivation.
- Will go the extra mile, and willing to get hands on & stuck in.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Willing to drive a van.
- Willing to work multiple weekends & unsociable hours, including the potential of staying away from home as/where necessary in week during planning, and on event weekends (all travel and accommodation for work is paid for, lieu days are given in return for event weekend days worked).