Job Vacancy | Event Communications Assistant (Fixed Term)
21st September 2022
We are seeking another person to join the Human Race team and work on some of our biggest events.
Company: Human Race
Position: Event Communications Assistant (Fixed Term)
Location: Clapham Junction & Remote (Hybrid)
Contract Type: Full Time – Fixed Term until 28th April 2023
Salary: 21-22k (Pro-Rata)
Human Race is a leading mass participation sports event business delivering a diverse range of events in running, triathlon, and cycling. The company is part of ASO, one of the world’s largest sports events organisers, including notably the Tour de France and participation events L’Etape du Tour and the Paris Marathon.
We have created an exciting new role that reports into the Senior Participant Services Executive. The purpose is to support our participants on two of the company’s biggest events, the adidas Manchester Marathon, and the Cancer Research UK London Winter Run.
Human Race is a fast-paced, fun place to work with a great team atmosphere. It’s a sociable office of like-minded people with shared goals, values and interests who take great pride in the events we deliver – whether it’s a triathlon we’ve run for 30 years or a major event in central London.
Great extra benefits you get at Human Race
- Sports Club: From 5-a-side football to board games, we’ve done it all, and everyone is encouraged to get involved.
- Free entry for you into any of our events – including ASO events in Europe
- 5x free entries for friends and family – with discounted prices after that.
- Regular Social events including a Summer Party, Christmas Party, as well as unscheduled but regular monthly events
- Cycle to work scheme – we love to ride!
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
This is a new role that will be split between our Participant Services and Marketing teams. It’s designed to help us give the best experience to several areas that are important to each events’ success. It’s chance to get a taste of how event marketing and customer service works, making a real difference to our participants experience at a crucial time.
Lead on the Cancer Research UK London Winter Run rewards scheme. This includes:
- Monitoring the performance of fundraising leading up to the event
- Sending reports of those who have qualified for rewards and ensuring they are sent out
Be point of contact for large groups taking part in the event:
- Helping them sign-up and get the best deal
- Ensuring they have all the information they need to pass on to their members
Update and improve the website chat & FAQ functions:
- Make sure the chatbot is updated with the latest information as it becomes available
- Update FAQ service (Zendesk) with information as it become available
- Monitor the performance and suggest improvements to help our participants get quick replies to their queries even when we are not available to directly help them
- Provide reports on the performance and share feedback on any common issues
Assist Participant Services with queries at peak times:
- Many people will have questions that are not covered by the website or chatbot, so will need some extra attention.
- Our small participant services team will need support responding to people in a quick and courteous manner
- With the Senior Participant Services Executive
- With the rest of the Marketing and Participant Services teams
- With the wider commercial team, particularly our partnerships team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Personable and passionate
- Ability to self-manage
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both in meetings and in writing
- Be able to write copy in different tones of voice appropriate to the relevant audience
- Competent in Microsoft products
- Ability to confidently use spreadsheets
- Previous work experience within a sports environment would be an advantage
- Work in a team environment and on large projects
- Any customer service experience would be ideal
- Passion for, or experience taking part in, sporting events is desirable. A love of sport in general and an energetic disposition
- Willing and able to work a certain number of weekends
- Good attention to detail, and a passion for high standards.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and a cover letter/email to email@example.com by Friday 7th October 2022.