Job vacancy: Digital Marketing Intern
3rd April 2014
Company: Human Race
Position: Digital Marketing Intern
Location: Chessington, Surrey
Contract Type: Fixed Term (1 February 2018 – 31 July 2018)
Salary: 21-24 years old: £1,145.63 pcm / 25 years old +: £1,218.75 pcm
Human Race is a leading mass participation sports event business delivering a diverse range of events in cycling, triathlon, running and swimming.
Human Race organises over 35 events in the UK including the prestigious Dragon Ride L’Etape Wales by Le Tour de France, Cancer Research UK London Winter Run and Asics Greater Manchester Marathon, as well as the long running Nuffield Health Windsor Triathlon.The company is part of A.S.O., one of the world’s largest sports events organisers, including notably Le Tour de France and participation events L’Etape du Tour and the Paris Marathon.
We pride ourselves on being one of the most forward-thinking digital and data-led organisations in our sector. We aim to benchmark our digital activity alongside the leading organisations from all industry sectors and are looking for an equally ambitious and forward-thinking Digital Marketing Intern to support all aspects of our digital activations.
The role will involve website CMS management, e-CRM campaign delivery and support with the implementation and management of our digital advertising campaigns.
Human Race is a fast-paced, fun place to work with a great team atmosphere. It’s a sociable office of like-minded people with shared goals and interests who take great pride in the events we deliver – whether it’s a small duathlon we’ve run for 26 years or a brand new large-scale event with a celebrity ambassador.
Purpose of the Role
The Human Race marketing team is responsible for delivering the commercial strategy and marketing activation for around 35 events per year in the sports of cycling, triathlon and running.
Reporting to the Senior Digital Marketing Executive, the Digital Marketing Intern role has five main objectives:
- Driving customer revenue: To aid the implementation of the digital strategy that sees us continue to develop our relationship with our customers across all digital platforms with a focus on customer retention and frequency
- Driving new customer revenue: Explore innovative and highly cost-efficient ways of seeking and engaging with new customers and maximising sales conversion rates through our various websites.
- Sponsor and partner activation: Activating their rights across our digital channels and optimizing content engagement.
- Participant communications: Ensuring our event participants receive the relevant event information at all point throughout their journey; pre-sign-up, pre-event and post-event.
- Marketing insights: Utilising statistics to act as an insights source for the wider marketing team to drive campaign decisions.
- Build and send sales emails through our email tool (Dotmailer) and analyse results
- Carry out back-end website updates and SEO management
- Analyse performance of our various websites (WordPress, Google Analytics)
- Manage the schedule and delivery of pre- and post-event email communications
- Write engaging, accurate and high-quality copy for both emails and websites
- Creation of regular insights reports and distributing to the wider marketing team
- Continually learning new digital marketing techniques from outside of the organization and sharing internally
- Ad-hoc design work for our website, email campaigns and social media
- With the Senior Digital Marketing Executive
- With the Marketing & Communications teams for each sport (cycling, triathlon, running)
- With the Commercial Partnerships team
- With the Customer Service Team
- With Commercial Director
Skills and Experience Required
- Excellent written skills with experience of writing informal customer-facing content
- A creative thinker who is inspired by innovation
- A lover of statistics, driven by results
- A relentless attention to detail
- Very good project and time management skills
- Team player, resourceful and with an ability to work using own initiative
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both in meetings / on the telephone and in writing.
- A good working knowledge of emailing tools (i.e. Dotmailer) or experience in sending email campaigns
- A good working knowledge of web content management systems (i.e. WordPress)
- High level of skill in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient design skills (Photoshop)
- Ability to demonstrate previous public-facing written work
- Previous work experience within Digital Marketing / CRM (in any industry) would be an advantage
- A relevant digital related qualification
- A passion for sport would be very beneficial for the role
- Willing and able to work a certain number of weekends (attending the sports events)
- Empathy for our customer
Please apply by sending your CV and a brief cover letter to Harriet North (Senior Digital Marketing Executive) – email@example.com by 31 January 2018.