Job vacancy: Senior Marketing and Communications Executive – Triathlon
16th December 2016
Human Race is a leading mass participation sports event business delivering a diverse range of events in triathlon, cycling, running and swimming. The company has recently been acquired by ASO, one of the world’s largest sports events organisers, including notably Le Tour de France and participation events L’Etape du Tour and the Paris Marathon.
We are looking for a Senior Marketing and Communications Executive to drive awareness and registrations for our triathlon events, as well as forming part of the wider marketing team. Human Race has an incredibly strong heritage in triathlon having founded and delivered the famous Windsor Triathlon for 26 years, forming the popular series of triathlon events at Dorney Lake and now organising the Woburn Abbey Triathlon, including the WoBurner Middle Distance event.
Human Race is a fast-paced, fun place to work with a great team atmosphere. It’s a sociable office of like-minded people with shared goals and interests who take great pride in the events we deliver – whether it’s a small duathlon we’ve run for 26 years or a brand new large scale event with a celebrity ambassador.
Purpose of the Role
The Human Race marketing team is responsible for delivering the commercial strategy and marketing activation for over 35 events per year in the sports of triathlon, running and cycling. The Senior Marketing and Communications Executive for Triathlon will take the lead on delivering the marketing activity for the Triathlon events and work with the Marketing Director and Marketing Manager to devise the overarching strategy. Ultimately the aim is to attract as many participants as possible, making the events famous and helping to drive awareness for the events sponsors and partners. The role will have a lot of autonomy and whilst there will be strategic support from across the commercial and marketing team, the Senior Marketing and Communications Executive will be responsible for managing and delivering the majority of campaigns.
- Devise event marketing strategy alongside the Marketing Manager and Marketing Director (event pricing, offers/promotions, activity phasing, budgets, areas of focus)
- Create and keep updated marketing plans for the relevant events
- Manage the advertising budget for the triathlon events
- Deliver PR and Communications (press release writing and distribution, management of sport specific and local media relationships, hosting of media events)
- Grow and develop relationships with key local stakeholders e.g. councils, community groups and tourist boards
- Develop and expand grassroots relationships, for example with triathlon clubs
- Brief and manage the design agency for advertising assets
- Manage and create content for the Social Media channels
- Seek out and generate new contra-marketing and media partnerships with relevant businesses and other bodies
- Work alongside the marketing teams of the events sponsors to deliver joint marketing activities
- Work with other Human Race departments such as the Email Marketing, Operations and Customer Services teams to deliver complete marketing initiatives
- To attend a number of the events as a representative of the Human Race commercial team and to carry out relevant duties within that event
- With the Marketing Director and Marketing Manager
- With the wider Commercial Team
Skills and Experience Required
- A creative thinker, confident with expressing opinions and generating new ideas
- A commercial mind with a strong networking skills
- Personable and Passionate
- Very good project and time management skills
- Ability to self-manage and manage upwards
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both in meetings / on the telephone and in writing.
- Educated to degree standard
- Previous work experience within a sports environment would be an advantage.
- Min 1-2 years marketing and communications/PR experience either agency or in-house
- Networking / building relationships having successfully set up partnerships
- A passion for triathlon would be very beneficial for the role
- A love of sport in general and an energetic disposition
- Full clean driving license would be useful
Willing and able to work a certain number of weekends.
To apply, please send your CV to Dan Lipman (firstname.lastname@example.org).