Job Vacancy – Senior Account Manager
4th March 2020
Company: Human Race
Position: Senior Account Manager (Partnerships)
Reports to: CEO
Location: Chessington, Surrey (30 minutes from Waterloo)
Contract Type: 14 month contract (maternity cover)
Salary: 37-42k pro rata (depending on experience)
Applications close: 22nd March 2020
Interview date: From the w/c the 23rd March 2020
Human Race is the number one mass events organiser in the UK. The company organises some of the very best UK events in running, cycling and triathlon for nearly 30 years. The Cancer Research UK London Winter Run, Manchester Marathon and Royal Windsor Triathlon are only three examples of the amazing set of events currently owned and managed by the company.
In September 2016, Human Race was acquired by Le Tour de France and the Dakar Rally owners and organisers Amaury Sport Organisation. A.S.O. is a 100% family owned international sports organisation and is often recognised as the number one out of stadiums key international expert. The company is also the French mass event specialist with key events being part of its portfolio (57,000 run the Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris, and 15,000 take part in L’Etape du Tour sportive).
Our events bring together an active community of people taking part in sporting events for reasons ranging from fitness, competition, charity, health, fun or to simply finish. The event participants vary from nervous first timers of all ages, through to World Champions; collectively, the events raise millions of pounds for hundreds of charities.
At Human Race we aim to create, sell and organise world class events that will stand the test of time. We pride ourselves in operating as a sophisticated business, a place where people can learn a lot and their careers can flourish.
Human Race is fast-paced, fun place to work with a great team atmosphere and filled with people who take great pride in the work that we do.
Purpose of the Role
The Senior Account Manager’s primary responsibility will be to forge partnerships with strong brands, charities and corporates, delivering sponsorship activations that meet the needs of our sponsors and partners, ensuring that they continue to renew their sponsorships on our events year after year. This role will involve a mix of Event Title Sponsors, Group-wide Sponsors, charity partnerships and Corporate Events. The role requires managing a team of two (partnerships manager and partnerships executive), representing the partnerships team at a senior manager level and serving as the partnerships project lead for our largest events. There will also be an element of assisting the Head of New Business to bring in new sponsors into the business from contributing in a ‘pitch’ meeting or by providing information for that meeting.
- To lead the Partnerships Team, directly managing 2 junior team members
- To manage own accounts dealing with the day-to-day management of partners, both from a commercial and a charity perspective.
- To represent the Partnerships Team at a senior manager level, including reporting at monthly senior management meetings.
- To arrange and attend meetings with partners to understand partner objectives (whether they be brand awareness, data capture, education or something else), build relationships and to develop suitable activations to meet these objectives.
- To be responsible for renewals of current partners.
- To collate commercially relevant post-event information for reporting to key commercial partners that considers the ROI for the sponsor from a reach and media value perspective.
- To attend ‘pitch’ meetings in conjunction with other members of the business to bring new sponsors into the business.
- To deliver the operational elements of sponsorship activation e.g. creation / delivery of branding.
- To help increase ancillary revenue streams across the business via existing partnerships
- To serve as the partnership representative on the project team of our largest events
- To attend some weekend events as a representative of the Human Race commercial team and to carry out relevant duties within that event.
- With the Partnership Team which comprises 3 people.
- With the wider organisation, particularly the Marketing and Operations Teams
- With partners / sponsors and charities.
Skills and Experience Required
- At least 3 years account management experience, with at least 1 year as a senior account management level.
- At least 1 year of line management experience.
- Previous work experience or passion within a sports environment would be an advantage.
- Understanding of delivering partnership campaigns, integrating data analysis and content driven promotion.
- Commercially sound with an appreciation for budgets.
- Good organisational skills and time-management skills, with logistical understanding of at-event activation delivery.
- A strong understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Understanding of social media and its role in sponsorship marketing.
- Interact courteously and effectively with partners, participants and staff.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Passion – our number one priority
- Goes the extra mile
- Creative thinker
- Ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour
- Team player, resourceful and with an ability to work using own initiative
- Full clean driving license would be highly beneficial to the role, but not essential.
- Willing and able to work a certain number of weekends across the year.
To apply, please email you CV and covering letter to Gill.Holmes@humanrace.co.uk by 22nd March 2020.