Job vacancy: VitalityMove Marketing Intern
17th February 2017
Job and Person Specification
Company: Human Race
Position: VitalityMove Marketing Intern
Location: Chessington, Surrey
Contract Type: Fixed – 6 month contract
Salary: £1,129 per month (under 25’s); £1,170 per month (over 25’s)
Human Race is the UK’s leading mass participation event’s company, organising over 30 events each year in triathlon, cycling, running, duathlon and open water swimming. Part of Amaury Sport Organisation (A.S.O.), owners of Le Tour de France and the leader in the French running and sportive market, Human Race’s prestigious portfolio includes the Windsor Triathlon, Dragon Ride L’Etape Wales, the Cancer Research UK Winter Run Series and VitalityMove.
We also specialise in delivering bespoke corporate events, working with businesses such as JLL and Cisco. Our events bring together an active community of people taking part in sporting events for reasons ranging from fitness, competition, charity, health, fun or to simply finish. The event participants vary from nervous first timers of all ages, through to World Champions; collectively, the events raise millions of pounds for hundreds of charities.
At Human Race we aim to create, sell and organise world class events that will stand the test of time. We pride ourselves in operating as a sophisticated business in respect of any sector, a place where people can learn a lot and their careers can flourish.
Human Race is fast-paced, fun place to work with a great team atmosphere and filled with people who take great pride in the work that we do.
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for a Marketing Intern to support Human Race Marketing Team (Running) in delivering the 2017 marketing and communications campaign for a newly formed event series VitalityMove, with the ultimate aim of increasing participation numbers.
VitalityMove is a running and music event series created by Olympic Legend Jessica Ennis-Hill in partnership with Human Race. Each event will welcome thousands of runners to a stunning host venue to take part in 10k, 5km and 1 mile music runs. The action will be centred on a main stage which will feature live entertainment acts, including the Musical Director of the series, DJ Trevor Nelson. In addition a Field of Fun will offer large sports zones for people to try their hand at new skills, games and movement activities.
- To contact local businesses / sports clubs to develop grass-roots relationships within local areas for a number of events
- To grow and develop relationships with key local stakeholders e.g. councils, community groups and tourist boards
- To support fulfillment of advertising creative
- To respond to social media enquiries and update social media posts and ads to support the marketing for events
- To seek out and generate new contra-marketing partnerships with relevant businesses and other bodies
- To lead event listings management on partner and other sport websites to help drive entries
- To support with copy writing for marketing opportunities
- To build relationships with sports shops and distribute flyers to businesses, gyms and clubs
- To attend the events as a representative of the Human Race commercial team and to carry out relevant duties within that event.
- To draft and distribute press releases and support with hosting media events
- With the Marketing Managers and Executives
- With the wider Commercial Team, particularly the Marketing Director
- With the events sponsors and partners
Skills and Experience Required
- Good organisation skills and time-management skills.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both in meetings / on the telephone and in writing.
- A commercial thinker
- Personable, passionate and a good networker.
- Interact courteously and effectively with partners, local businesses, participants and staff.
- Educated to degree standard
- A creative thinker, confident with expressing opinions and generating new ideas
- Attention to detail
- Goes the extra mile
- Motivated to achieve
- Previous work experience within a sports environment would be an advantage.
- Copy writing
- Networking / building relationships
- A good understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Photoshop would be a bonus
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd March 2017.