Job vacancy: Partnerships Account Manager (maternity cover)
30th May 2018
Job and Person Specification
Company: Human Race
Position: Partnerships Account Manager
Reports to: Head of Marketing
Location: Chessington, Surrey (30 minutes from Waterloo)
Contract Type: 12-month contract starting in early August (maternity cover)
Salary: £27-30k pro rata (depending on experience)
Applications close: 18 June 2018. Applications to email@example.com
Interview date: From the w/c 25 June 2018
Human Race is the number one mass events organiser in the UK. The company organises some of the very best UK events in running, cycling and triathlon and has done so for more than 25 years. The Cancer Research UK London Winter Run, ASICS Greater Manchester Marathon and the Windsor Triathlon (in its 26th edition) are only three examples of the amazing set of events currently owned and managed by the company.
Human Race is owned by the A.S.O. which is a French, family run international sports organisation and owner of Le Tour de France and Dakar Rally among others. The company is also the French mass event specialist with a portfolio including the Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris (57,000 runners) and L’Etape du Tour sportive (15,000 cyclists).
Our events bring together an active community of people taking part in sporting events for reasons ranging from fitness, competition, charity, health, fun or to simply finish. The event participants vary from nervous first timers of all ages, through to World Champions; collectively, the events raise millions of pounds for hundreds of charities.
At Human Race we aim to create, sell and organise world class events that will stand the test of time. We pride ourselves in operating as a sophisticated business, a place where people can learn a lot and their careers can flourish.
Human Race is fast-paced, fun place to work with a great team atmosphere and filled with people who take great pride in the work that we do.
We are looking for an Account Manager to be a key member of the partnership team, as well as forming part of the wider commercial team.
Purpose of the Role
The Account Manager’s primary responsibility will be to forge strong partnerships with brands, charities and corporates, delivering activations that meet the needs of our sponsors and partners, ensuring that they receive the value they are after and continue to renew their partnerships year after year. This role will be involve a mix of event specific partners, group-wide Sponsors and corporate events.
There will also be an element of assisting the New Business Director to bring in new sponsors into the business from contributing in a ‘pitch’ meeting or by providing information for that meeting.
- To be a key member of the Partnership Team dealing with the day-to-day management of partners, both from a commercial and a charity perspective.
- To arrange and attend meetings with partners to understand partner objectives (whether they be brand awareness, data capture, education or something else), build relationships and to develop suitable activations to meet these objectives.
- To be responsible for renewals of current partners that they look after.
- To collate commercially relevant post-event information for reporting to key commercial partners that considers the ROI for the sponsor from a reach and media value perspective.
- To attend ‘pitch’ meetings in conjunction with other members of the business to bring new sponsors into the business.
- To deliver the operational elements of sponsorship activation e.g. creation / delivery of branding.
- To help increase ancillary revenue streams across the business via existing partnerships
- To attend some weekend events as a representative of the Human Race commercial team and to carry out relevant duties within that event.
- With the Partnership Team which comprises 2 people.
- With the wider organisation, particularly the Marketing and Operations Teams
- With partners / sponsors and charities.
Skills and Experience Required
- At least 3 years account management experience either at senior account executive or account management level.
- Previous work experience or passion within a sports environment would be an advantage.
- Previous agency experience would be beneficial but not essential to the role.
- Understanding of social media and its role in sponsorship marketing.
- Understanding of the role of data in sponsorship marketing.
- Understanding of the role content has in communication.
- Commercially sound with an appreciation for budgets.
- Good organisational skills and time-management skills.
- A good understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Interact courteously and effectively with partners, participants and staff.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Passion – our number one priority
- Goes the extra mile
- Creative thinker
- Ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour
- Team player, resourceful and with an ability to work using own initiative
- Full clean driving license would be highly beneficial to the role, but not essential.
- Willing and able to work a certain number of weekends across the year.