Job vacancy: Partnership Intern
12th January 2018
Company: Human Race
Position: Partnership Intern
Location: Chessington, Surrey
Contract Type: Fixed – 6 month contract starting from 12th February 2018
Salary: £1,145 per month (under 25 years old); £1,219 per month (over 25 years old)
Human Race is the UK’s leading mass participation event’s company, organising over 30 events each year in triathlon, cycling, running, duathlon and open water swimming. Part of Amaury Sport Organisation (A.S.O.), owners of Le Tour de France and the leader in the French running and sportive market, Human Race’s prestigious portfolio includes the Windsor Triathlon, Dragon Ride L’Etape Wales and the Cancer Research UK Winter Run Series.
We also specialise in delivering bespoke corporate events, working with businesses such as JLL and Cisco. Our events bring together an active community of people taking part in sporting events for reasons ranging from fitness, competition, charity, health, fun or to simply finish. The event participants vary from nervous first timers of all ages, through to World Champions; collectively, the events raise millions of pounds for hundreds of charities.
At Human Race we aim to create, sell and organise world class events that will stand the test of time. We pride ourselves in operating as a sophisticated business in respect of any sector, a place where people can learn a lot and their careers can flourish.
Human Race is fast-paced, fun place to work with a great team atmosphere and filled with people who take great pride in the work that we do.
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for a Partnership Intern to support the Human Race Partnership Team, as well as forming part of the wider commercial team. Forging partnerships with strong brands, charities and corporates is a key part of the business and the main purpose of the role will be to assist in delivering sponsorship activations and meet the needs of our sponsors and partners across the year.
- To support the Partnership Team on the account management of partners, both from a commercial and a charity perspective
- To collate commercially relevant post-event information for reporting to key commercial partners
- To support with creating sponsorship presentations and reports
- To take on the day-to-day management of some partners and to assist in the day-to-day management of other partners
- To support with the operational elements of sponsorship activation e.g. creation / delivery of branding
- To attend some weekend events as a representative of the Human Race commercial team and to carry out relevant duties within that event
- With the Partnership Team which comprises 2 people
- With the wider organisation, particularly the Marketing and Operations Teams
- With partners / sponsors and charities
Skills and Experience Required
- A love for one or more of the following sports: Cycling, Triathlon or Running
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- A confident telephone manner
- Educated to degree standard
- A good understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Personable and a good networker
- Interact courteously and effectively with partners, participants and staff
- Exercise good judgement, flexibility, creativity and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs
- Establish, maintain and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Attention to detail
- Goes the extra mile
- Ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour
- Previous work experience within a sports environment would be an advantage
- Team player, resourceful and with an ability to work using own initiative
- Clear, efficient and effective decision making skills
- Full clean driving licence would be highly beneficial to the role, but not essential
- Willing and able to work a certain number of weekends across the 6-month contract
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com by 31st January 2018.