Job Vacancy – JLL Property Triathlon Assistant Project Manager
13th April 2018
Company: Human Race
Position: JLL Property Triathlon Assistant Project Manager (internship)
Location: Chessington, KT9 1RH
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract (May – July)
Salary: £1,199.25 per month (under 25 year olds); £1,272.38 per month (25 & over)
Holiday: 20 days per annum (pro rata)
Human Race is the UK’s leading mass participation event’s company, organising over 30 events each year in triathlon, cycling, running, duathlon and open water swimming. Part of Amaury Sport Organisation (A.S.O.), owners of Le Tour de France and the leader in the French running and sportive market, Human Race’s prestigious portfolio includes the Royal Windsor Triathlon, Dragon Ride L’Etape Wales, and the Cancer Research UK London Winter Run.
We also specialise in delivering bespoke corporate events, working with businesses such as JLL and Impetus PEF. Our events bring together an active community of people taking part in sporting events for reasons ranging from fitness, competition, charity, health, fun or to simply finish. The event participants vary from nervous first timers of all ages, through to World Champions; collectively, the events raise millions of pounds for hundreds of charities.
At Human Race we aim to create, sell and organise world class events that will stand the test of time. We pride ourselves in operating as a sophisticated business in respect of any sector, a place where people can learn a lot and their careers can flourish.
Human Race is a fast-paced, fun place to work with a great team atmosphere and filled with people who take great pride in the work that we do.
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for an Assistant Project Manager to support on the JLL Property Triathlon as well as forming part of the wider Human Race team. Forging partnerships with strong brands, charities and corporates is a key part of the business. The role will assist in delivering the JLL Property Triathlon across customer service, operational and partnership responsibilities.
The role is varied, fast-paced, and at the heart of the day-to-day running of the company. We are looking for someone enthusiastic with a can-do attitude who has the skills and confidence to make a difference.
• To be an interface with competitors answering phone calls and emails
• To respond to competitor social media queries and questions
• To help shape the customer experience of the JLL Property Triathlon online entry system
• To attend the JLL Property Triathlon supporting the management of the Customer Services Help Desk
• To support the Project Manager on the account management of partners and event suppliers.
• To collate commercially relevant post-event information for reporting to key commercial partners.
• To support with the operational elements of sponsorship activation e.g. creation / delivery of branding.
• With the JLL Property Triathlon participants
• With the JLL Project Managers (internal at Human Race and with the client – JLL)
• With the Head of Partnerships at Human Race
• With the Head of Participant Services at Human Race
• With the Event Operations Team
Skills and Experience Required
Critical skills needed:
• Excellent written skills with experience of writing informal customer-facing content
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Ability to deal with challenging customers and situations
• Good organisational skills and time-management skills
• A confident telephone manner
• A good understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Interact courteously and effectively with partners, participants and staff.
• Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
• Highly precise attention to detail
• Desire to learn
• Problem solving
• Goes the extra mile
• Experience of Excel
• Previous work experience within a sports environment or knowledge of mass participation events would be an advantage but not required
• Experience of Customer Service and dealing with difficult customers/situations
• Experience in creative public facing content writing
• A love of sport, particularly running, cycling, triathlon and an energetic disposition
How To Apply:
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Please include in your cover letter when you would be available to start.
All applications need to be submitted by 09:00 on Friday 20th April 2018
Interviews will commence the week beginning the 23rd April