Job vacancy: Digital Marketing Manager
10th August 2017
Job and Person Specification
Company: Human Race
Position: Digital Marketing Manager
Location: Chessington, Surrey
Contract Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: £30k – £35k per annum
Human Race is a leading mass participation sports event business delivering a diverse range of events in cycling, triathlon, running and swimming. The company is part of A.S.O., one of the world’s largest sports events organisers, including notably Le Tour de France and participation events L’Etape du Tour and the Paris Marathon.
Human Race organises over 35 events in the UK including the prestigious Dragon Ride L’Etape Wales by Le Tour de France, Cancer Research UK London Winter Run and Asics Greater Manchester Marathon, as well as the long running Nuffield Health Royal Windsor Triathlon.
We pride ourselves on being one of the most forward-thinking digital and data-led organisations in our sector. We aim to benchmark our digital activity alongside the leading organisations from all industry sectors and are looking for an equally ambitious and forward-thinking Digital Marketing Manager to lead all aspects of our digital activations.
The role will involve website management and development, CRM campaign planning and implementation and management of our digital advertising campaigns, with support from various agencies.
We are 100% focused on ensuring our customer (the participants) and our partners (sponsors and charities) are at the centre of all our thinking as we are passionate about delivering the best possible experience for them.
This is a really exciting opportunity for an ambitious Digital Marketing Manager to take ownership of a digital strategy for a market leading organisation.
Human Race is a fast-paced, fun place to work with a great team atmosphere. It’s a sociable office of like-minded people with shared goals and interests who take great pride in the events we deliver – whether it’s a small duathlon we’ve run for 26 years or a brand new large-scale event with a celebrity ambassador.
Purpose of the Role
The Human Race marketing team is responsible for delivering the commercial strategy and marketing activation for around 35 events per year in the sports of cycling, triathlon and running.
The Digital Marketing Manager Role has five main objectives:
- Driving customer revenue: Develop and manage a strategy that sees us continue to develop our relationship with our customers across all digital platforms with a focus on customer retention and frequency
- Driving new customer revenue: Create innovative and highly cost-efficient ways of seeking and engaging with new customers and maximising sales conversion rates through our various websites
- Sponsor and partner activation: Managing the activation of their rights across our digital channels and optimising content engagement
- Participant communications: Ensuring our event participants receive the relevant event information at all points throughout their journey: pre-sign-up, pre-event and post-event
- Marketing insights: Utilising statistics to act as an insights source for the wider marketing team to drive campaign decisions
- Manage CRM strategies across all digital channels (Email, Web, Social, Programmatic, App)
- Manage the Digital Marketing Agency and subsequent marketing campaigns (PPC, Social, Programmatic)
- Build and send sales emails through our email tool (Dotmailer) and analyse results
- Maintain and analyse performance of our various websites (WordPress, Google Analytics)
- Manage website SEO
- Develop new websites alongside our web agency
- Write copy for emails and website pages
- Build and send participant pre-race communications
- Creation of regular insights reports and distributing to the wider marketing team
- Continually learning new digital marketing techniques from outside of the organization and sharing internally
- Manage the Digital Marketing Executive
- With the Marketing Director
- With the Marketing & Communications teams for each sport (cycling, triathlon, running)
- With the Commercial Partnerships team
- With the Customer Service Team
- With Digital Marketing Executive and Content and Communications Manager
Skills and Experience Required
- Ability to utilise a content management system i.e. WordPress
- Experience of utilising an emailing tool i.e. Dotmailer
- High level of skill in Microsoft Excel
- A creative thinker who is inspired by innovation
- A true understanding and passion for Digital Marketing and CRM
- A lover of statistics, driven by results
- A relentless attention to detail
- Commercial minded and ROI focused
- Can write copy in different tones of voice appropriate to the relevant audience
- Very good project and time management skills
- Ability to self-manage
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both in meetings / on the telephone and in writing
- Previous work experience within Digital Marketing / CRM (in any industry)
- Experience of working with reputable and recognisable brands
- Experience of devising sophisticated audience segmentation, retention and frequency strategies
- Min 4 years’ experience in a similar role either agency or in-house
- A passion for sport would be very beneficial for the role
- Ability to speak French would be an advantage
- Full clean driving licence would be useful
- Willing and able to work a certain number of weekends (attending the sports events)
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 21st August 2017.