Job vacancy: Content and Communications Manager
3rd July 2017
Job and Person Specification
Company: Human Race
Position: Content and Communications Manager
Location: Chessington, Surrey
Contract Type: Full Time – Permanent
Salary: £25k- £30k per annum
Human Race is a leading mass participation sports event business delivering a diverse range of events in cycling, triathlon, running and swimming. The company is part of A.S.O., one of the world’s largest sports events organisers, including notably Le Tour de France and participation events L’Etape du Tour and the Paris Marathon.
Human Race organises over 35 events in the UK including the prestigious Dragon Ride L’Etape Wales by Le Tour de France, Cancer Research UK London Winter Run and Asics Greater Manchester Marathon, as well as the long running Nuffield Health Windsor Triathlon.
We are looking for a Content and Communications Manager to work alongside our sport focused marketing teams. The role will combine elements of traditional PR and communications alongside digital content strategy and creation, social media activation and expanding our network of influencer relationships, with the aim of supporting the overarching ambition to drive awareness and registrations for our portfolio of events.
Human Race is a fast-paced, fun place to work with a great team atmosphere. It’s a sociable office of like-minded people with shared goals and interests who take great pride in the events we deliver – whether it’s a small duathlon we’ve run for 26 years or a brand new large-scale event with a celebrity ambassador.
Purpose of the Role
The Human Race marketing team is responsible for delivering the commercial strategy and marketing activation for around 35 events per year in the sports of cycling, triathlon and running.
The Content and Communications Manager will be responsible for leading the Content, PR, Social Media and Influencer strategies for key events within the portfolio. The role will involve working with each of the sport focused Marketing Teams (cycling, triathlon and running), supporting their needs and taking the lead on specific projects such as media events, journalist networking, influencer engagement, social strategy and content creation.
Ultimately the aim is to attract as many participants as possible, making the events famous and helping to drive awareness and engagement for the events’ sponsors and partners. The role will involve a lot of variety, and whilst there will be support from across the commercial and marketing team, the Content and Communications Manager will be responsible for managing their own workload and hitting key deadlines.
- Devise and activate the content and communications strategy for a number of events
- Devise and manage media and influencer events and launches
- Drive the social media content strategy for multiple branded pages
- Write and distribute press releases
- Manage and create content for a variety of platforms including web, email and social
- Seek out and build relationships with key media and influencers
- Create content on behalf of our sponsors and partners to activate across our channels
- Manage relationships and activation of celebrity / sporting ambassadors
- Work alongside the events sponsors and their marketing teams to deliver joint activities
- Attend several of the company’s events and manage content, media hosting and social activation on the day
- Keep up to date with innovative digital and social tools and strategies and implement these across the business
- With the Marketing Director
- With the Marketing & Communications teams for each sport (cycling, triathlon, running)
- With the wider Commercial Team, particularly the Partnerships team
Skills and Experience Required
- Ability to directly create content including design / video editing skills
- A creative thinker who is inspired by innovation
- A true understanding and passion for social media and the changing media and digital landscape
- Personable and passionate
- A good networker
- Very good project and time management skills
- Ability to self-manage
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both in meetings / on the telephone and in writing
- Can write copy in different tones of voice appropriate to the relevant audience
- Ideally educated to degree standard
- Previous work experience within PR, Social Media and/or a content related role
- Experience of working with reputable and recognisable brands (in any industry)
- Experience of devising and hosting media events
- An existing network of journalists and influencers
- Min 2-3 years communications / content experience either agency or in-house
- A passion for sport would be very beneficial for the role
- Ability to speak French would be an advantage
- Full clean driving licence would be useful
- Willing and able to work a certain number of weekends
How To Apply
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.