Job vacancy: Account Manager
7th June 2017
Job and Person Specification
Company: Human Race
Position: Account Manager
Reports to: Partnerships Director
Location: Chessington, Surrey (30 minutes from Waterloo)
Contract Type: Full-time, permanent
Salary: £25-£28k dependent on experience
Human Race is the number one mass events organiser in the UK. The company organises some of the very best UK events in running, cycling and triathlon for more than 25 years. The Cancer Research UK London Winter Run and the Nuffield Health Royal Windsor Triathlon (in its 26th edition) are only two examples of the amazing set of events currently owned and managed by the company.
In September 2016, Human Race was acquired by Le Tour de France and the Dakar Rally owners and organisers Amaury Sport Organisation. A.S.O. is a 100% family owned international sports organisation and is often recognised as the number one out of stadiums key international expert. The company is also the French mass event specialist with key events being part of its portfolio (57,000 run the Schneider Electric Marathon de Paris and 15,000 take part in L’Etape du Tour sportive).
Our events bring together an active community of people taking part in sporting events for reasons ranging from fitness, competition, charity, health, fun or to simply finish. The event participants vary from nervous first timers of all ages, through to World Champions; collectively, the events raise millions of pounds for hundreds of charities.
At Human Race we aim to create, sell and organise world class events that will stand the test of time. We pride ourselves in operating as a sophisticated business, a place where people can learn a lot and their careers can flourish.
Human Race is fast-paced, fun place to work with a great team atmosphere and filled with people who take great pride in the work that we do.
We are looking for an Account Manager to be a key member of the partnership team, as well as forming part of the wider commercial team.
Purpose of the Role
The Account Manager’s primary responsibility will be to forge partnerships with strong brands, charities and corporates, delivering sponsorship activations that meet the needs of our sponsors and partners, ensuring that they continue to renew their sponsorships on our events year after year. This role will involve a mix of Event Title Sponsors, Group-wide Sponsors and Corporate Events. There will also be an element of assisting the New Business Director to bring new sponsors into the business from contributing in a ‘pitch’ meeting or by providing information for that meeting.
- To be a key member of the Partnership Team dealing with the day-to-day management of partners, both from a commercial and a charity perspective
- To arrange and attend meetings with partners to understand partner objectives (whether they be brand awareness, data capture, education or something else), build relationships and to develop suitable activations to meet these objectives
- To attend ‘pitch’ meetings in conjunction with other members of the business to bring new sponsors into the business
- To be responsible for renewals of current partners that they look after
- To collate commercially relevant post-event information for reporting to key commercial partners that considers the ROI for the sponsor from a reach and media value perspective
- To deliver the operational elements of sponsorship activation e.g. creation / delivery of branding
- To attend some weekend events as a representative of the Human Race commercial team and to carry out relevant duties within that event
- With the Partnership Team which comprises 3 people
- With the wider organisation, particularly the Marketing and Operations Teams
- With partners / sponsors and charities
Skills and Experience Required
- At least 3 years account management experience either at senior account executive or account management level
- Previous work experience or passion within a sports environment would be an advantage
- Previous agency experience would be beneficial but not essential to the role
- Understanding of social media and its role in sponsorship marketing
- Understanding of the role of data in sponsorship marketing
- Understanding of the role content has in communication
- Commercially sound with an appreciation for budgets
- Good organisational skills and time-management skills
- A good understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Interact courteously and effectively with partners, participants and staff
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Passion – our number one priority
- Goes the extra mile
- Creative thinker
- Ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour
- Team player, resourceful and with an ability to work using own initiative
- Full clean driving licence would be highly beneficial to the role, but not essential
- Willing and able to work a certain number of weekends across the year
How To Apply
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com by 30 June 2017.