6 reasons to run the Lidl Kingston Breakfast Run
17th January 2017
The popular Lidl Kingston Breakfast Run will be back on Sunday 26th March 2017, which marks our 27th year of putting on runs in Kingston. This flat, looped course is a favourite among marathon runners because of its ideal position in the calendar. In fact, in 2016, over half the entrants were taking place in a spring marathon or long-distance race later in the year. The shorter 8.2-miler is great for those wanting to move on from 5km and 10km distances. Here are 6 reasons why you should take on the challenge of the 8.2, 16.2 or 20.1 mile race this spring.
- Course: The Lidl Kingston Breakfast Run is a helpfully fast and flat course, giving you every opportunity to clock a fantastic time.
- Heritage: We have been putting on races in Kingston for 27 years, and runners come back year after year. A big part of this excellent reputation is owed to the stunning route, which takes in the River Thames towpath, Hampton Court Palace and the renowned Hampton Court Bridge.
- Distance: This event falls perfectly in the spring marathon training calendar – the 20.1 mile and 16.2 mile routes are ideal for both physical and mental preparation for your marathon. The 8.2 mile option is the perfect way to push your mileage up from a traditional 5k or 10k, so there’s something for everyone.
- Pacing: Our popular Human Race Pacers will once again be out on the course to guide you along the route at minute per mile intervals between 6 and 12. Their support is invaluable whether you’re a first timer to a longer distance or hungry for a personal best.
- Timing: With the 20.1 mile race kicking off at 8am and the 8.2 and 16.2 miles following on at 8.30am, the nice early start gives you plenty of time to explore beautiful Kingston-upon-Thames and the surrounding area, or just put your feet up for the rest of the weekend!
- Post-race: Thanks to Lidl being involved again this year, every finisher will be treated to the famous Lidl Kingston Breakfast Run mug and a well-stocked goody bag perfect for post-race refuelling and well-deserved indulgence.
Entries are now open for this popular and expertly-organised run. To find out more and secure your place, visit the event page.