Medio Fondo 128km/1875m General Entries & Premier Package SOLD OUT Overseas Entrants £45
Gran Fondo 216km/3350m General Entries & Premier Package SOLD OUT Overseas Entrants £45
WomenOnly Cycletta 37km £35
*All distances are approximate
GENERAL ENTRIES & PREMIER PACKAGE SOLD OUT, OVERSEAS AND CHARITY PLACES CURRENTLY AVAILABLE
The UK’s most prestigious Sportive returns for its 10th year. The South Wales event will once again start from the picturesque Margam Park, Port Talbot, having moved there successfully in 2012. Offering two challenging event the Grand Fondo will take in approximately 3350m of climbing, passing through the beautiful Brecon Beacons and the Medio Fondo approximately 1875m.
A new addition is the introduction of a WomenOnly Cycletta, which will replace the previous Corto distance. Cycletta is the UK’s leading series of women only bike rides, supported by Olympic Gold Medallist Victoria Pendleton. This will be the first time the series will visit Wales.
Read an interview with the founder of the Dragon Ride, Lou Lusardi here.
You can still enter the Wiggle Dragon Ride via a charity place for Prostate Cancer UK
You can either...
• Pay £50 to register and pledge to fundraise £200 or more.
• Pay £100 to register and this means you do not have a fundraising target. You can raise as much or as little as you like! (limited number available)
or phone 020 8222 7158 to secure your place, these will be allocated on a first come, first served basis so be quick.
Every rider to raise £200 or more will receive an exclusive Prostate Cancer UK fundraisers cycling jersey and if you raise £500 or more you will receive a fantastic set of bike lights.
Premier Entry Package (SOLD OUT)
Individual packages include:
• Event entry to any ride distance
• Pre-ride mechanical bike check (on Saturday)
• Accommodation on Saturday 8th June at the Discovery Centre,Margam Park, within a few hundred metres of the Start/Finish
• 3 course evening meal (on Saturday)
• Continental breakfast (on Sunday)
• Priority start placing in the first departure group of riders
• Post-ride buffet in VIP Marquee
• Secure Bike Park
• Post-event massage facilities
• CD of your event images
Please note: the accommodation is in a twin room which is fairly basic with en-suite facilities and no TV in the room. The Discovery Centre is used throughout the year as a teaching facility and the accommodation will reflect this usage.
Additional nights accommodation are available at £65 p/p twin or £75 single.(Please specify either Friday or Sunday night on the entry form).
A maximum of 50 hospitality places are available.
Cost: £249 per rider based on sharing a twin room or £299 for singleoccupancy.
Group Package (SOLD OUT):
As per the Individual Premier Package but the Group Package is for groups of six riders and is available at a discounted price of £1,350.
Price is based on riders sharing twin rooms.
Single rooms are available for additional £50 p/p supplementary charge(limited numbers available).
Additional nights' accommodation available at £65 p/p twin or £75 single.(Please specify either Friday or Sunday night on the entry form).
All prices include online entry but exclude a small online transaction fee.
START TIMES: The event will start at 7:30am
Gran Fondo riders will depart first between 07.30 and 09.30 in number sequence.
Medio Fondo riders will depart from 09.34 to 10.10 in number sequence.
Cycletta riders will depart from 10.30.
Minimum Age 16 on Event Day
WHAT YOU GET FOR YOUR ENTRY FEE:
• Online entry and secure credit card payment facilities
• Entry transfer, if you have to drop out (available until April)
• Regular online newsletter
• Riders pack posted out prior to the event. No need to register on the day of the ride
• Free car parking at the start venue
• Electronic timing with disposable chip that you don't need to return after the ride
• Route signage, en-route information
• Mechanical support from Mavic
• Motorcycle marshalling by NEG Wales/UK
• First aid cover by St John Ambulance
• Feed stations with water, energy drink sweet and or savoury food
• Course recovery for rider and bike
• Gold/Silver and Bronze timing standards for age and gender
• Finisher's medal
• Goody Bag
• Pasta party
• Live music and entertainment at event village
• SMS results
• Online results in alphabetical order