Corto 45km (total climbing 397m) £32.50
Medio Fondo 152km (total climbing 2,060m) £52.50
Gran Fondo 222km (total climbing 2,905m) £57.50
Dragon Devil 300km (total climbing 3,437m) £87.50 - SOLD OUT
WomenOnly Cycletta 45km (total climbing 397m) £32.50
Gran Fondo and Medio Fondo general entries have sold out. However, you can still enter for either of these distances if you commit to raise a minimum of £200 for the Official Charity Partner of the Wiggle Dragon Ride: Macmillan Cancer Support.
*All distances are approximate and prices exclude an online transaction fee
ENTRY DEADLINE: 9PM MONDAY 2nd JUNE 2014 (OR EARLIER IF FULL)
The UK’s most prestigious Sportive returns for its 11th year in 2014. The South Wales event will once again start from the picturesque Margam Park, Port Talbot, having moved there successfully in 2012. 2014 sees the introduction of a mammoth Dragon Devil distance as well as the return of the traditional Corto.
Offering four challenging distances: the Gran Fondo will take in approximately 2,905m of climbing, passing through the beautiful Brecon Beacons and the Medio Fondo approximately 2,060m. The Corto returns after a brief hiatus in 2013, and the returning distance will have a re-modelled and slightly longer route of approximately 45km.
The Dragon Devil will certainly not be for the faint hearted with the route including over 3,437m of climbing. There will be a very limited numbers of places available for this option, so those who are keen will need to get in quickly. Those lucky enough to get a place will be well rewarded with an incredibly stunning cycling route which will take in the 'Rhigos', 'Black Mountain' and the 'Devil’s Elbow' – the Dragon ride’s signature climbs – with the new addition of the 'Devil's Staircase', a climb with a 15% gradient and elevation of 480m.
The WomenOnly Cycletta will follow the same route as the Corto riders. Cycletta is the UK’s leading series of women only bike rides, supported by Olympic Gold Medallist Victoria Pendleton.
To find out more about the development of the Wiggle Dragon Ride you can read an interview with the founder of the event Lou Lusardi here.
VIP Entry Package:
The 2014 VIP Entry Package does NOT include accommodation this year but does include plenty of great features for you to enjoy…
The VIP Package includes:
• Guaranteed event entry to either the Gran or Medio Fondo distance
• Priority event start in the first wave of riders for your chosen event distance
• Official 2014 Wiggle Dragon Ride Cycling Jersey designed by LeMarq (RRP £70)
• Pre-ride continental breakfast in VIP tent on event morning
• Post-ride lunch in VIP tent on event day
• Download link to all your event photos (worth £30)
A very limited number of Premier entries are available on a first come, first served basis.
2014 Package cost: £175 (plus a small online booking fee).
PROVISIONAL START TIME: 7:00am
Dragon Devil/Gran Fondo/Medio Fondo: Minimum Age 16 at 31 December, 2014
Corto/Cycletta: Minimum Age 12 at 31 December, 2014 (any child under 16 must be accompanied by an adult)
WHAT YOU GET FOR YOUR ENTRY FEE:
• Online entry and secure credit card payment facilities
• Regular email newsletter
• Riders pack posted out prior to the event. No need to register on the day of the ride
• Free car parking at the start/finish venue
• Electronic timing with disposable chip that you don't need to return after the ride
• Route signage, en-route information
• Mechanical support
• Motorcycle marshalling by NEG Wales/UK
• First aid cover by St John Ambulance
• Feed stations with water, energy drink, sweet and/or savoury food
• Course recovery for rider and bike
• Gold, Silver and Bronze timing standards for age and gender
• Finisher's medal
• Event memento
• Pasta party
• Live music and entertainment at event village
• SMS results
• Online results in alphabetical order
Please note: there will be no rider transfer available this year.