45km (total climbing 397m) £32.50
*Distance is approximate
ENTRY DEADLINE: 9PM MONDAY 2nd JUNE 2014 (OR EARLIER IF FULL)
Macmillan Cycletta is the UK’s leading series of women-only bike rides and is supported by Olympic Gold Medallist Victoria Pendleton. This event is designed to appeal to women of all ages and abilities. For the second year a Macmillan Cycletta ride will take place as part of the UK’s most prestigious sportive, the Wiggle Dragon Ride. The event starts from the picturesque Margam Park, Port Talbot.
This Macmillan Cycletta at the Wiggle Dragon Ride will be slightly hillier than the usual Macmillan Cycletta rides meaning it will be more of a challenge if you have done previous Macmillan Cycletta events. The 2014 event will follow the same 45km (approximate) route as the Corto riders.
A slightly tougher test than the other events in the UK wide series, it provides a perfect platform for those wishing to work towards a larger more challenging sportive, with all the usual camaraderie that Macmillan Cycletta rides never fail to provide.
PROVISIONAL START TIME: 10:30am
AGE REQUIREMENT: Minimum Age 12 at 31 December, 2014 (anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult)
• 45km (approx) course
• Toilets are available at the start & finish
• Start the event with friends or people of the same ability
• Advice from Victoria and other experts
• Mechanical, medical and treat stops
• Macmillan Cycletta ride rescue crew
• Free post event pasta meal
• Great venues and stunning route
• Entertainment for spectators and children
• Free massage
• Event memento
• And much more