Cycletta @ Chiltern 100 Cycling Festival
Distances & Prices
Cycletta @ Chiltern 100 Cycling Festival 52km (32 miles) with 580m of climbing† – £24.95
†Please note that this is a women-only bike ride.
- If you would like to enter as a corporate group, click here for booking and enquiries.
- To personalise your medal, order an iTaB engraved with your name and finish time, and make your fantastic finish medal even more special. You can order your iTaB during the entry process or using this link.
About the event
Returning for a seventh summer of promoting fun and fitness on two wheels, Cycletta will this year be incorporated into some of the UK’s most highly-regarded sportives for the first time. As more and more women have taken to their bikes over the course of Cycletta’s lifespan, demand has shifted away from introductory-style rides to more challenging courses, which is why we have chosen to incorporate women only waves into our prestigious series of cycling events.
Unrivalled route management and support ensure that your focus is 100% on your ride, whether the Chiltern 100 is your main challenge in 2017 or a crucial leg of a longer journey.
NEW FOR 2017 – the Chiltern 100 Sportive has joined forces with the Chiltern Cycling Festival to create the Chiltern 100 Cycling Festival. Enjoy the challenge of the Chiltern 100 Sportive, with its trademark character, camaraderie and club-like atmosphere with the added benefits of the Festival’s retro-inspired Velo Village, including:
- Family ride
- Vintage Concors D’Elegance parade of vintage bikes
- Over 30 stalls featuring cycling clothing, equipment, gifts and collectibles
- Live music
- Beer tent and gourmet cuisine
- Live coverage of Stage 15 of Le Tour de France
All that’s great about both events on a single day and for a single entry price!
- Challenging riding with plenty of climbing
- Stunning scenery of the Chilterns AONB
- Discover some of the finest riding in the UK just 30 minutes from the Capital.
- Seal of approval from founders and local experts, Verulam CC.
- Unrivalled route management, signage, marshalling and moto-support
- Frequent feed stations, stocked with plentiful and improved nutritional products
- Part of the Chiltern 100 Cycling Festival: entertainment and activities for all the family
- Celebratory champagne & goody musette for all finishers
- Ample free parking
- Mechanical support
- Motorcycle marshalling
- Medical support
- Sweep vehicle for those who cannot complete the route
- Well-stocked feed stations
- Rider pack posted out prior to the event. No need to register on the day of the ride
- Electronic chip timing
- Results texted to your mobile phone as you cross the line
- Complimentary glass of champagne and goody bag
- Finisher’s Medal
Provisional start times TBC
Minimum age 16 on 31 December 2017
Check out the equipment section and our partner Yellow Jersey Cycle Insurance to find out about cover of your equipment (including 60% off cover for your second bike!).
British Bike Hire will be providing bike hire at Human Race events up and down the country.
British Bike Hire is one of the UK’s largest bike hire businesses who specialise in event-based bike hire, and with years of experience they know exactly what it takes to have the bike ready for your day, with as little hassle as possible.
Their service includes delivery to your event as well as fitting onto your bike by an experienced mechanic so you’re as comfortable as possible for the ride. They have a fleet covering all bases, from basic alloy road bikes to race-ready carbon fibre machines, as well as road oriented hybrid bikes and mountain bikes. All bikes arrive fully serviced and cleaned with the aim to take as much stress out of your day as possible.
Training ArticlesView All Training Articles
11th May 2016 • Injury Prevention • Training Advice •
How to avoid injury during a big cycling event
Nutrition ArticlesView All Nutrition Articles
Travel & Accommodation
PENN HOUSE, Penn Street, nr.Amersham, Buckinghamshire, HP7 0PS
From the M25
Leave the M25 at junction 16 turning North on M40 …follow directions below
From the M40 /A40
Leave the M40 at junction 2 (signposted Beaconsfield) then at the roundabout take the exit onto the A355 towards Beaconsfield. Left at A40 to Beaconsfield Old town Follow signs for the A355 (Amersham) for 2 miles. At the roundabout, bear left and join the A404. Turn left into Penn Street and follow signs for Chiltern Cycling Festival Parking. The entrance to the FREE car park is on your right hand side at Horsemoor Lane junction. PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO ACCESS TO THE CC FESTIVAL FROM THE OTHER END OF HORSEMOOR LANE.
From High Wycombe
Join the A404 towards Hazlemere. At Hazlemere crossroads, continue along the A404. Follow signs for Penn Street, turning right into Penn Street. Follow directions as above.
Join the A404 towards High Wycombe. Turn left towards Winchmore Hill on Whielden Lane, continue up hill turning right onto Penn Street. The entrance to the FREE car park is on your left hand side at Horsemoor Lane junction.
Sign on, the start area and the Velo Village are all accessed at the far end of the car parking field “The Big Park” through the sign posted gates
PLEASE NOTE NO PARKING ON ROADS IN OR AROUND PENN STREET – we have ample FREE parking at the festival car park.
Nearest Rail stations- Amersham (Metropolitan Tube and Chiltern Railways from London Marylebone) Beaconsfield (Chiltern Railways from London Marylebone )
Charity & Fundraising
Action4Youth are our official charity partner for the event. Action4Youth provides challenges and experiences to young people of all abilities, disabilities and backgrounds, helping them grow to in confidence, self-belief and discover their potential.
If you’re looking for a way to make your event count, why not raise money for a cause you care about? Head to JustGiving, make a fundraising page in a few simple steps, and share it far and wide by email and social media.
Action4Youth provides positive, and often transformational, experiences for young people of all abilities, disabilities and backgrounds. As official charity of the Chiltern 100, Action4Youth are offering places on any ride for only £1. All they ask for is a pledge to raise £150, to give life-changing experiences to children and young people and if you get £200 or more in sponsorship you’ll get a cool branded cycling jersey. Join Action4Youth and help them inspire the next generation and benefit young people for life.