Chiltern 100 Sportive
- Sunday 15th May 2016
- Bovingdon Airfield, Bovingdon, Herts
Distances & Prices
Early Bird price now available – limited places!
- Gran Fondo: 110 miles (177km) – 2,700m of climbing £39.99
- Medio Fondo: 76 miles (122km) – 1,897m of climbing £37.99
Do multiple events and save up to £42 with our Multi-Event Packages! Click here to buy.
Entering in a group of 10 or more? You could save up to 25% – click here for more information.
About the event
“The toughest sportive close to the capital”
Human Race are proud to have the Chiltern 100 Sportive as part of the Human Race Sportive Series. One of the highest rated major sportives in the UK, the event still maintains a club-like atmosphere and camaraderie. The challenging landscape of the Chilterns means that the 76 mile and 110 mile routes are as testing as they are stunning, both taking in infamous climbs such as Whiteleaf Hill and Wardrobes. The event will be delivered in partnership with VCC, the club who set it up eight years ago and made it the esteemed sportive it is today. Prostate Cancer are the official charity for the Chiltern 100 Sportive. Donate or fundraise £50 or more and receive a free gourmet burger and drink on event day!
Cyclosport.org (31/05/15): Click here
- Tough test of the Chilterns with rewarding scenery.
- Event village with free parking.
- Ample motorcycle marshals, plus top quality route management.
- Frequent feed stations with plentiful and improved nutritional products.
- Mechanical support
- Motorcycle marshalling
- Medical support
- Sweep vehicle for those who cannot complete the route
- Well-stocked feed stations with sugary goods, energy products and water
- Riders pack posted out prior to the event. No need to register on the day of the ride
- Electronic chip timing
- Results texted to your mobile phone as you cross the line
- Finisher’s Medal
Provisional start times TBC
Minimum Age 16 at 31 December, 2016.
Nutrition ArticlesView More
Travel & Accommodation
Old Bovingdon Airfield. Whelpley Hill, Chesham, Herts
New event HQ and start/finish area: Bovingdon Airfield is located just outside the village of Bovingdon in Hertfordshire on the B4505 between Chesham and Hemel Hempstead. It is easily accessible and approximately fifteen minutes drive from either the M25 Junction 20 or M1 Junction 8. The closest postcode is HP5 3RR, which will take you to a farm adjacent to the site. Your satnav will take you past the main entrance to the airfield, so you can’t miss it.
The main station for the Airfield is Hemel Hempstead Station. This is approximately a 20 minute cycle to the venue, or a short taxi journey.
Charity & Fundraising
Prostate Cancer UK is the official charity partner to the Chiltern 100.
Join our Men United team and you’ll receive a welcome pack full of training and fundraising tips, plus:
- Raise £50 and you’ll get a free BBQ lunch on event day
- Raise £100 and you’ll receive a waterproof rucksack cover
- Raise £200 and you’ll receive our exclusive Prostate Cancer UK cycling jersey
- Raise £500 to be the proud owner of one of our long-sleeved soft shell cycling jackets.
Register today to join – Men United. Keeping friendships alive.
If you’re looking for a way to make your event count, why not raise money for a cause you care about? Head to JustGiving, make a fundraising page in a few simple steps, and share it far and wide by email and social media.