8 ways to kick-start your triathlon season
17th February 2017
We’re fast approaching the beginning of spring, which means it’ll soon be just 6 months until tri for life presents the Woburn Abbey Triathlon! If you’re wondering how to get going with your training this year, Hampstead Triathlon Club have provided a very helpful list of ways to kick-start your season. They are a triathlon club based in Hampstead, London who formed in 2012 and welcome triathletes of all ages and abilities. To find out more about them, including their plentiful weekly programs, visit their website.
1. Set yourself a realistic and achievable goal.
2. Select your A, B and C races well in advance.
3. Have a training plan in place leading up to your A race, which should be a minimum of 3 months for short course and 6 months for long course triathlons.
4. Look to join a local club and train with others. The community aspect and being in the company of like-minded athletes will make the training journey much more pleasurable.
5. Look into getting a coach: good coaches not only deliver a plan, but help with good form and avoiding injury.
6. Look to go on a winter training camp, to up your fitness level and have fun.
7. Carry out an equipment review for your A race, e.g wetsuit or non-wetsuit swim, road or time trial bike, clothing for the race, research and practise with race kit and nutrition.
8. Remember to work on technique and maintaining good form. Speed will follow… and don’t forget to smile!
We hope these tips will help you prepare for tri for life presents Woburn Abbey Triathlon, which takes place on Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 September. To find out more and secure your place, visit the event page.