5 things triathletes should think about before a race
6th March 2017
The Woburn Abbey Triathlon may still seem a while away, but it’s a good idea to have a plan for race day well in advance to prepare for setbacks and prevent any last minute panics. Hampstead Triathlon Club have given us a handy list of 5 things to think about before the big day! They are a triathlon club based in Hampstead, London who formed in 2012 and welcome triathletes of all ages and abilities. To find out more about them, including their plentiful weekly programs, visit their website.
1. Carry out an equipment check prior to race day, most importantly checking that your bike is in good working order.
2. Don’t try out new equipment or nutrition on race day.
3. Familiarise yourself with the course, go to the race briefing and read any information on the event that you are given.
4. Get to the race venue on race day nice and early, giving yourself plenty of time to do the things you need to do, such as registering and racking your bike.
5. Eat familiar foods leading up to the race and eat a carbohydrate rich meal the night before the race and on race morning.
We hope these tips will help you prepare for tri for life presents Woburn Abbey Triathlon, which takes place on Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 September. To find out more and secure your place, visit the event page.